Research and development in the area of waste treatment technologies and alternative energy sources
The company also participates in research and development activities, in particular in waste management and alternative sources of energy.
In order to achieve a better transfer of know-how in this area from the academic environment of universities and research institutes, the company formed a cluster with Envicrack.
Evidence that the company puts a significant emphasis on these programmes is demonstrated by executed project, e.g.:
- Research and development of new materials and technologies for energy production
- Development of combined technology of utilisation of waste from mining and metallurgical production stored on dangerous landfills before 1989
- Research and development of new pressed fuel based on waste paper.
These activities also include the establishment of a centre focused on industrial research and development of technologies in the field of decontamination and recycling of waste and subsequent processes and technologies. The activity is mainly aimed at the following areas:
- Processing of solid waste and production of energy from alternative sources
- Biotechnological methods of treatment, modification and purification of industrial water
- Wood waste processing.